Inflammation of the prostate gland is a fairly common disease faced by many middle-aged and older men. There can be many reasons for its appearance: from congestion in the pelvic region to the presence of infections in the body. Prostatitis is a very insidious disease that can have a number of negative consequences. Therefore, its treatment is imperative. This can be done using traditional methods using drugs. But no less effective is the treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies. How to do it correctly?
When and how does prostatitis manifest?
The risk group for the probability of prostatitis includes overweight men who lead an inactive lifestyle. At the same time, factors that contribute to inflammation of the prostate include:
- The presence of various diseases of the genitourinary system, including sexually transmitted diseases.
- Frequent constipation.
- Sexual abstinence.
Prostatitis develops when blood circulation in this area is affected. In this case, harmful microorganisms that cause the inflammatory process can easily penetrate here.
The symptoms of prostatitis may differ in each patient. At the same time, you can suspect its development by the following signs:
- Pulling pain appears in the perineum and lower back.
- The patient notices rapid fatigue and excessive irritability.
- There is a burning sensation in the urethra.
- Semen becomes thin and cloudy.
- The urination process is painful, the stream of urine becomes thin.
- White strings can be seen in the urine.
- Decreased potency and pain during ejaculation.
Having noticed such signs in himself, a man should contact a urologist who, after assessing the situation, will be able to prescribe the necessary therapy. For this, both medicinal and traditional methods are used to treat prostatitis.
For more than a century, people have tried to cure prostatitis using traditional medicine methods, which are based on the use of decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs. During all this time, numerous recipes have accumulated that are still used today. The most common and effective home remedies for prostatitis:
- Pumpkin seeds. They contain a lot of zinc, an essential element for men's health. Those who have noticed the first signs of prostatitis are advised to eat about 30 of these seeds a day. They are advised to use them not only for prostatitis and impotence, but also for those with prostatic hyperplasia.
- Pumpkin with honey. To prepare such a product, you need 500 g of pumpkin seeds; it is important that they are raw. Grind them with a meat grinder or food processor and mix with 200 g of natural honey. From the resulting mixture, you should roll balls, a little larger than a hazelnut. The product must be kept in the refrigerator. Several times a day (always before meals), you need to dissolve 1 ball. From this amount of products the number of balls is obtained for the entire treatment cycle.
- Aspen bark. It should be collected in early spring, before the first leaves begin to appear on the tree. The thickness of the crust should not exceed 3-5 mm. The collected raw materials are dried in the oven and crushed. The crust is folded into a liter jar so that the container is 1/3 full. Pour the jar on top with water and leave it for 2 weeks. To do this, you need to choose a dark and not hot place. After that, strain the infusion and drink before meals (1 tablespoon each). This remedy is not suitable for patients who have had an intolerance to any of its components, those who suffer from constipation, dysbiosis and various chronic ailments.
- Hazel. Reviews say that one of the most effective home remedies for the treatment of prostatitis is prepared from this plant and guarantees the effect after a week of use. Hazelnut leaves and bark are used for its preparation (it is important that all raw materials are fresh). All the ingredients are crushed. 1 tablespoon of prepared raw materials is brewed in 200 ml of boiling water and infused for about 30 minutes. It is convenient to use a thermos for this. After that, the medicine is filtered, divided into 4 equal parts, and drunk throughout the day.
- Chestnut shells. This broth is used for prostatitis and adenoma. The peel is crushed, brewed with boiling water, and drunk instead of tea. The broth increases your appetite, so it is recommended to do a cleansing enema every now and then.
- Parsley is an excellent folk remedy for treating prostatitis. This plant has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. There are several treatments. One is to use fresh root juice before every meal. Alternatively, you can use parsley seeds, which are ground into a powder and made into a decoction. To prepare such a drug, 4 teaspoons of powder, which are prepared from plant seeds with a coffee grinder, are poured with boiling water (about 200-250 ml) and boiled for 15 minutes in a water bath. Also, the container with the broth is reserved until it cools completely. After cooling, strain the broth and drink 1 tablespoon at regular intervals up to 6 times a day. Patient reviews show that the treatment of prostatitis in men using parsley seeds or root is very effective.
- Pear. The wild varieties of this tree will help cure prostatitis. To do this, it is enough to drink a compote made from pears every day (it can be dried). After 3-5 days of taking it, the prostate will bother the man less.
- Garlic. Treating prostatitis at home can be done with garlic. To prepare a remedy, you need to cut 5 cloves of garlic into small pieces and pour 500 ml of boiling water. The drug is infused overnight. In the morning, filter the product and drink 50 ml twice on an empty stomach.
- Natural juices. Even chronic prostatitis can be treated with equal amounts of freshly squeezed asparagus, cucumber, carrot, and beetroot juice every day.
The use of home remedies for prostatitis in men will be more effective if combined with a massage of the prostate gland. In folk medicine for prostatitis, it is suggested to use:
- Radiola is pink. For the preparation of a medicine the root of a plant is used, which is previously crushed. 200 ml of boiling water are poured over 1 tablespoon of raw material and boiled for 15 minutes over very low heat. Once the broth has cooled, strain. Take the drug 2 times a day, 100 ml.
- Celandine. The juice of the plant is squeezed, which is mixed with alcohol in equal proportions. You should drink such a remedy on an empty stomach, diluting it in 50 ml of water. It is necessary to start treatment with 1 drop, adding daily drop by drop and so on until the daily dose is 30 drops. After that, it is necessary to reduce the daily dose by 1 drop per day. The course of treatment in this way will be 2 months. After a 2-week break, you need to repeat the course of treatment.
- Kalanchoe. The recipe for using it is as follows: the crushed leaves of a plant (1 glass) are poured with 500 ml of vodka and left for 5 days in a cool dark place for the drug to be infused. The finished tincture is taken 1 teaspoon per day. Once the signs of prostatitis disappear, you should take 1 teaspoon of tincture per week as a preventive measure.
- Another recipe with Kalanchoe: 100 g of fresh plant leaves are ground in a meat grinder and poured with 1 glass of medical alcohol. You need to infuse the drug for 20 days in a dark place. After that, it is filtered and 1 teaspoon is drunk 3 times a day. Reviews indicate that such home remedy treatment reduces pain and other symptoms of prostatitis.
- Wheat grass. Herbalists are familiar with the anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties of this plant. To make a medicine from it, you will need the roots of the plant, which are crushed and poured with cold water so that it completely covers the raw material. The agent is installed in a dark place for 10-12 hours. The roots will swell in the morning. Now they need to be poured with boiling water (1, 5 liters), wrap and leave for 1 hour. The drug is taken 3 times a day, 100 ml.
Use of bee products
Home remedies for prostatitis not only treat the disease, but also help to normalize the body as a whole.
For example, honey and propolis are used as prophylactic agents for diseases of the heart and blood vessels. They also lead to rejuvenation of the body, saturate it with useful substances, have an antibacterial effect.
The alternative treatment of prostatitis can also be performed using various bee products:
- Honey. In the morning, after getting up, you should eat 1 tablespoon of natural honey.
- Pollen. For the treatment of prostatitis, 1 tablespoon of dessert is consumed each time before meals.
- Podmore. For treatment, 2 tablespoons of bee worm, which can always be bought from beekeepers, are poured with 500 ml of water (room temperature) and brought to a boil. After 2 hours, strain the medicine and drink 1 tablespoon of broth mixed with a small amount of honey. You need to take the medicine 3 times a day. The broth should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Propolis. Its tincture can be bought in all pharmacies. Mix 40 drops of tincture with 100 ml of water and drink half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is 1, 5 months.
- Another effective propolis-based remedy is an enema. To prepare it, 40 g of propolis are mixed with 1 glass of medical alcohol and 2 g of cocoa butter. 2 g of the resulting mixture is dissolved in 100 ml of water, which is used for an enema, which must be done daily for 2 months. After 1 month, the course of treatment is repeated.
- Candles with honey have a good effect. To prepare them, you need to mix 1 medium-sized egg, 1 teaspoon of high-quality honey (it is recommended that you have not yet had sugar time) and 3 tablespoons of rye flour. As a result, you need to get a tight dough, from which you need to roll candles, which are stored in the freezer. Every morning and night, you must light a candle.
The treatment of chronic prostatitis with home remedies can be complemented with baths. But they should be done only with the permission of the treating physician.
- Make a decoction of chamomile, linden, sage, and thyme mixed in equal amounts. 5 tablespoons of the collection are poured with 2 cups of boiling water and allowed to stand for at least 1 hour. Such a folk remedy is poured into a container. It should sit in the broth for at least 25 minutes. The duration of treatment is 2 weeks.
- After this bath, the patient should take a vaginal douche.
Herbal medicines are used not only for the treatment, but also for the prevention of prostatitis in men. For preventive purposes, you can use the following tools:
- Ivan tea herb (2 teaspoons of dry raw materials) is made with 500 ml of boiling water. Cover the container with the medicine and let it cool completely. Only then can the infusion be filtered. Take it before meals in the morning and at night.
- Men who want to be always healthy are advised to eat honey and propolis every day, which are crushed and mixed with food.
- 1 kg of peeled walnuts and the same amount of sunflower seeds are passed through a meat grinder. Every morning, on an empty stomach, you should mix 1 tablespoon of this product with 1 grated onion on a fine grater.
Benefits of home remedies
When starting to treat prostatitis with home remedies, each patient should remember that this is quite a long process and requires an integrated approach. Treatment is based on medication. Folk remedies and normalization of lifestyle (healthy lifestyle) are able to give them effectiveness, which implies rational and sports nutrition.
The advantages of using home remedies for the treatment of prostatitis, as in the case of other diseases, include:
- Good portability.
- Lack of various side effects.
- Strengthening of the body's defenses.
- Get rid of comorbidities.
- Possibility of combining a variety of alternative treatments.
Whichever folk remedy is chosen for the treatment or prevention of prostatitis, you need to pay attention to your lifestyle. Analyze how much you work and rest, how you eat and sleep.
To enhance the effect of home remedies, it is important to perform certain physical exercises that will be aimed at strengthening the pelvic muscles. One of these exercises is squats. But don't forget about regular sexual activity, as abstinence often causes congestion in the pelvic region, which in most cases becomes the main cause of prostatitis.
All home remedies used in the treatment of prostatitis should be combined with massage.
When starting treatment with medicinal herbs and other folk methods, the main thing is to prepare for a long course of therapy (at least 30 days, although there are situations when the treatment lasts at least 3-6 months). During this period, it is important to take your medications regularly and on time. This is the only way to completely defeat prostatitis and protect yourself from its recurrence.