Millions of men already know firsthand what prostatitis is. At the end of treatment, doctors especially recommend that they become familiar with the ways to prevent the recurrence of the prostate gland. Among them, the most prominent is the prevention of prostatitis. It will be helpful for men who have not encountered the same problem.
Primary and secondary prevention
There are several forms of prevention:
- Primary school. Its main purpose is to prevent the development of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. Such prevention is mandatory for everyone after 30 years;
- Middle School. It is for people who already have prostatitis. The aim of this prophylactic approach is to prevent re-injury of the gland and reduce the risk of the disease developing into a chronic one.
Prostatitis prevention in men at home includes a number of measures that significantly improve a person's quality of life and protect him from prostatitis.
Every person, regardless of his or her health level, should lead a right lifestyle. It is this precaution that avoids a large number of diseases. Prostatitis is no exception.
Most men get prostatitis due to a sedentary lifestyle. Sitting or lying down for a long time leads to stagnation in the pelvic organs. And these are the ideal conditions for the development of prostatitis.
To avoid diseases, it is necessary to exercise, swim, and spend time walking in the fresh air. Fitness is no less useful, for which you should definitely allocate a place in your daily routine.
Normalize the diet
What a man eats strongly affects the work of internal organs and systems of his body. Top nutritionists share with everyone the secrets of how to avoid prostatitis with a scientific diet. Diet is always an integral part of the treatment process for prostatitis patients. It will also be helpful for healthy men who do not want to face such an unpleasant diagnosis in the future.
Compliance with a certain dietary culture helps to prevent the development of prostatitis:
- Eating and drinking should be done in designated areas. Very reluctant to eat on the go;
- Need to take care of clean cutlery;
- You need to eat at least 3 times a day. Between meals there should be a break of up to 4 hours. If a person does not have the opportunity to have a normal snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner, he should at least drink a cup of tea;
- Ask to give up snacking in the evening and late at night. This option is only allowed if the person works the night shift.
Men should prioritize choosing dishes made from natural products. It is not recommended to include too fatty, fried, smoked products in the diet. Monotonous menus are also prohibited. Harmful foods must be replaced with healthy foods that are free of preservatives and dyes.
Proper nutrition will help you not only from prostatitis but also from many other diseases.
The daily diet of a man who cares about his health should be supplemented with plenty of fruits, vegetables, meat and fish, as well as dairy products.
In order not to have health problems, you must give up alcohol. Its presence in the diet is allowed only in minimal amounts.
The most important way to prevent prostatitis, doctors call gland massage. Such procedures are allowed for men who have experienced an exacerbation of the disease. Thanks to therapeutic massage, the necessary outflow of fluid is created, which accumulates in the acini due to the inflammatory process.
Doctors often recommend that men massage the prostate with their fingers. It copes well with venous congestion in the problem area and improves blood circulation. In order for the prostate gland to function normally, it is necessary to undergo a full prophylactic course, which consists of about 8-10 sessions.
Protects against infections of the body
Prostatitis prevention at home should be aimed at protecting the body from infection. This is because prostatitis is in most cases caused by pathogens of the genitourinary system. If a man is already infected, he should immediately start treating the focus of the infection to prevent its spread.
Intestinal diseases can lead to infection. This part of the gastrointestinal tract must be monitored with special care. It is necessary to prevent the occurrence of constipation or diarrhea, since such stool disorders weaken local immunity. You should also avoid the appearance of anal fissures and hemorrhoids.
It's not just intestinal problems that can lead to gland infections. Diseases of the urinary system are no less dangerous. Timely emptying of the bladder and preventing overfullness helps to avoid them.
If the bladder is full for a long time, it will lead to infection of the pelvic organs.
Prostatitis prevention affects men's sex life. Sexually transmitted diseases increase the likelihood of gland inflammation. Therefore, you should avoid having sex with unfamiliar partners. You should also abstain from prolonged sexual intercourse. At the same time, intercourse too often is also considered unacceptable.
Fitness and Fitness
Exercise to prevent prostatitis yields a good result. Daily morning exercises are good for everyone. It is not necessary to take medication to prevent problems with the pelvic organs. Regularly performing a special set of exercises is enough. It includes:
- Rotate the pelvis in different directions;
- Elevate the legs and rotate them when lying down;
Such exercise will help improve blood flow in the pelvic area. It helps to reduce the risk of edema in the problem area and stagnant processes.
What other exercises to prevent prostatitis should be included in daily exercise, your doctor will tell you.
You're better off checking with your doctor for a list of specific exercises.
According to the doctor's prescription, men can take medicine to prevent prostatitis. They have the following effects:
- Prevents the appearance of stagnant processes;
- Reduce the risk of infection
- Normalizes blood circulation;
- Improves hormone levels;
- Restore metabolism.
Prophylactic drugs are presented in different pharmaceutical forms.
Means for the prevention of prostatitis are no less useful as functional foods.
Medicines and supplements have contraindications and side effects. Therefore, you should not start taking them without consulting your doctor first.
Prostatitis prevention by folk remedies is still widely applied by men. They allow you to replace pills and other drugs that do not always differ in their natural composition. For faster recovery, as well as in the future to avoid recurrence of prostatitis due to infection, proven remedies will help:
- Pumpkin seeds. Raw seeds, which should be gnawed in small quantities every day, help restore gland health;
- Onion tincture. It is prepared from an onion, which is poured with 300 ml of boiling water. The product should be infused for approximately 2. 5 hours. After it is taken 3 times a day, 40 ml;
- Herbal tincture. A popular remedy loved by many men is made from basil flowers, horseradish and walnut leaves. The main components are mixed together in a ratio of 1: 4: 1. Next, the mixture is poured with 500 ml of red wine. During the day, it should be transmitted. It is recommended to drink tincture of 60 ml three times a day;
- Alcohol with honey and onions. Another useful remedy that helps to protect the prostate and other genital organs from inflammation. It is made from 180 g of honey and 500 g of onions. The resulting mixture is poured into 1 liter of dry white wine. The drug should be infused for about 8-10 days. After it is taken before meals, 60 ml;
- Chestnut broth. The recipe calls for 5 tbsp. l. chopped bark of this tree. They need to be poured with 1 liter of hot water, and then evaporated in a water bath until 300-350 ml remains in the flask. The finished drug should be taken 35 drops before sitting at the table;
- Alcohol pills to prevent prostatitis with propolis. Before using this remedy, it is imperative to consult a doctor. To prepare such candles, you should mix 100 ml of alcohol and 20 propolis. For every 50 mg of the mixture, add 10 g of cocoa butter. From the resulting mass, small candles are formed, which need to be placed in the anus at night for a month;
- Honey candle. Such a drug can be prepared at home from 6 tbsp. l. rye bread (pulp) or flour, 2 tsp. honey and 2 eggs. Candles are formed from these materials. They are placed rectally 2 times a day for a month;
- Herbal tincture for enema. There are many recipes for the preparation of such a product. One of the most effective is an infusion made from calendula, chamomile, calendula, celandine, and plantain. Plants are mixed in a ratio of 4: 4: 2: 1: 30. Pour the herbal mixture with 500 ml of boiling water and leave for at least 45 minutes. Enemas should not be given to children too often, as this can lead to bowel problems.
It just depends on a man's actions whether he is at risk for prostatitis or he shouldn't be worried about this yet. It must be remembered that even a perfectly healthy person can one day face such an unpleasant diagnosis if he neglects a healthy diet and a correct lifestyle.